It’s that time again! We’re now well into the school summer holidays and with just 2 weeks left to go, it’s high time we get organised! The kids will be needing all sorts before they return to their schools and those of them starting school or moving up into their next school will need a whole range of different equipment to get them off to the right start. With my own daughter moving up to secondary school, I feel well equipped to advise which stationery items will be needed for those in the same position. Please see the list below for a checklist of what to get over the next two weeks!
- Pens – As my daughter’s new headmaster advised during her open day at her new school, pack two! One pen just isn’t enough; loose it and your new teacher will be highly annoyed! Always pack a spare pen! Worry not, we have plenty of cheap pens here at Office 365, including highlighters which are a must have for those moving up to top school!
- Pencils – For artwork and drafts, a pencil is essential for students of all ages. Choose from a selection of wood case and mechanical pencils here in a range of shades.
- Colouring Supplies – Unsure of what was best to buy, I purchased both colouring pencils and felt pens for my daughter; or rather she did with her birthday pennies! This way they are equipped for every scenario. Choose from a full spectrum colouring supplies here!
- Correctors & Erasers – Always make sure your child is equipped with an eraser! Given their tiny price, it is also advisable to provide a spare. For those moving up into secondary school, it is also advisable to provide correction fluid as children work more with ink and must produce neat written essays.
- Pencil Sharpener – If you’re going to provide pencils and colouring pencils, of course they will need some means in which to sharpen them! Choose from a range of manual, mains or battery powered items here.
- Ring Binder/Lever Arch File – Aimed more at children in secondary school, the binder means that any coursework and essays written by students can be kept safe, neat and organised inside a binder. Choose from a rather extensive range here!
- Plastic Pockets – If you’re going to purchase the binder, you’ll also benefit from choosing plastic pockets. Perfect for separating work as well as protecting it, plastic pockets also mean that there is no need to punch holes into your papers! With A3, A4 and A5 varieties here, you’re sure to find exactly what you need!
- Ruler – A rather obvious one, but often forgotten, the ruler is essential for children in education so that they are able to produce neat, perfectly straight lines and so that they are able to complete measurements in both mathematics and other areas such as design, art and graphics.
- Geometry Sets – Used in Mathematics, trigonometry, design and sometimes geography, a geometry set is essential for children moving up into senior school. We have a selection of individual items such as protractors, rulers, set squares, compasses and more, or alternatively, you can purchase the entire school set!
- Calculator – Of course, the oh-so-essential calculator. Now a required tool during GCSE examination, the calculator is used in all mathematics classes and is also useful in various other lessons too. Choose from our selection of handheld, desktop and scientific models here.
For a complete selection of stationery supplies, simply visit out site, however if you need any help or advise, please feel free to get in touch with a member of our team on 0870 766 1624.