The highlighter, an exceptionally misleading little stationery dude with more uses than you might at first think. We recently compiled a short survey to find out just what our typical British public did or do with theirs and were so intrigued by their answers that we thought we’d share them with you!
Here we were naturally assuming that everyone used theirs for their given purpose; to highlight text. This could be for a number of reasons, for reference at a later date, for study purposes, to indicate important text in documents and letters, to add importance to a complaint, to indicate areas for attention and so on. And how wrong we were, it seems the UK has more imagination than we anticipated! Ok, so maybe some are more sensible than others, however all are interesting in their own way and some could even be useful to you!
- Painting your nails
- Marking routes on maps
- Colouring strands of hair (typically blonde hair) for that ‘funky’ look (may we just add that we’re not condoning this…goodness knows what the effects of highlighter ink in your hair would be!)
- As a door stop (it seems highlighters are just the right size to wedge a door open – not sure Stabilo would be too impressed!)
- Drawing designs on t-shirts (although they claim to be water-based ink, can we just add that Office 365 are not claiming that the ink will wash off your clothes!)
- For marking bank notes (not too sure why you’d want to, maybe you can expand on this one for us?)
- For guilt free drawing on drunken friends (is this guilt free because it washes off? – Again, we don’t condone this!)
- For livening up trainers, colour in the laces (Ooookk….)
- 80’s make up (do I really need to add that we DO NOT condone this )
- Wall art – with the use of stencils
- Body tattoo’s (research needs to be made into the effects highlighter ink has on the body)
- An odd one, to open the catch on your windows (hmmm, I’m guessing this is to avoid messing up freshly painted nails?)
- Quick ruler
To try out these…erm…unique (?) ideas for yourself, you can buy discounted highlighters from us here at Office 365! We have a selection of blue highlighters, green highlighters, yellow highlighters, pink highlighters, red highlighters, orange highlighters, purple highlighters and assorted highlighters all available for just a snip of their usual price. What’s more, if you’d like to order in bulk (I don’t know, maybe you’d like to build towers out of them or something) we can offer you further reductions. Simply click ‘order in bulk’ at the product screen, or call us for a quote on 0870 766 1624. Have fun and happy highlighting!
Why not get in touch and tell us what you’ve done with yours!